Prince Harry and Meghan Markle denied that they are making a reality show in collaboration with Netflix after a British tabloid reported that they are creating a “fly-on-the wall” series that will show the world “the real” Meghan.
On Monday, The Sun claimed that sources told them the couple would be followed by cameras for three months to show people their lives, but a representative for the former royals said that isn’t true.
“The Duke and Duchess are not taking part in any reality shows,” their representative told various news outlets in a statement.
After moving to California earlier this year, the couple signed a deal with Netflix to create a scripted series, docuseries, documentaries and children’s programming. They have reportedly already began working on a nature docuseries and an animated series featuring inspiring women. The couple have said that they want their shows to reflect their values and the work they’ve done with their nonprofit Archewell. But, unfortunately for fans of Markle’s performance in Suits, it doesn’t seem like Markle will be back in front of the camera as a part of this Netflix deal, as Meghan and Harry’s work has been mostly behind-the-scenes.
“Our lives, both independent of each other, and as a couple have allowed us to understand the power of the human spirit: of courage, resilience, and the need for connection,” said The Duke and Duchess of Sussex in a statement when the deal was announced. “Through our work with diverse communities and their environments, to shining a light on people and causes around the world, our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope.
“As new parents, making inspirational family programming is also important to us, as is powerful storytelling through a truthful and relatable lens,” they said referencing their 1-year-old son Archie. “We are pleased to work with Ted and the team at Netflix whose unprecedented reach will help us share impactful content that unlocks action.”